- 1 tsp black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tsp cumin (or to taste)
- 1 big clove of garlic or several smaller ones
- 2 lbs of steamed beets, cleaned and sliced
- Coconut milk - approximately 1/2 cup to 1 cup, depending on the consistency of dip or soup you desire
If pepper and cumin already ground, mix them together. Otherwise, grind the two spices together.
Put beets and garlic in a blender or VitaMix.
Add as muchcoconut milk as it takes to cover the beets, then blend them together.
Add spice mixture and blend some more.
FOR SOUP: Add water. Serve with swirls of coconut milk and sprigs of cilantro or mint or parsley.